How can we create/ manage a \"library\" of accepted 504 plans ?

Posted on: Thu, 01/26/2006 - 7:47am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

When I went through the 504 process, it was extremely helpful to have in my hands some actual 504 plans with all the accompanying paperwork. I had contacted two posters here off-board and they generously US mailed me a copy of their child's plan. I also used local contacts to find a mom who shared her son's 504 plan from a neighboring school district. Having those 3 plans specific to peanut allergy in my hands, all accepted bona fide plans with School District letterhead, seemed to make an impression to my SD administrators.

My daughter's 504 plan is 21 pages total. If you include the medical information, it's 29 pages. Many of the pages are a form with boxes, etc. It would be very hard for me to transcribe that here. I've US mailed the 504 plan to several posters who've requested it.

Yes, I also used the many plans posted here in the Schools board. I printed those out by copying them and then pasting them in "word" document. Those were very helpful in terms of seeing the variety of specific accommodations, and helping me figure out the accommodations that were right for my child.

But when working with my School District those print outs didn't have any "credability". It was more helpful to have those 3 actual 504 hardcopies with the personal identifying data blacked out. It helped to see the paperwork, forms, and format of the plans. My administrators took notice of those school district letterheads with staff names and accompanying phone numbers. My SD tended to treat them as "real" instead of something that an anonymous nobody posted on the internet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What do you think about creating some sort "library" of 504 plans that have been accepted by school districts?

Would you be willing to provide a copy of your child's 504 plan, with any info blacked out, that would be shared with others?

Who do you think would be the appropriate person/organization to house and manage such a library collection? FAAN? Chris Papke?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 8:12am
anonymous's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2009 - 16:42

I would absolutely volunteer Ryan's 504. It actually in circulation in a 100-mile radius of where we live known as "the Ryan plan". Seriously, that's what I heard.
However, his last name and school name have been omitted from that one. I would gladly send in a copy with blocked out first and last names, but possibly keep in the school name.
Is that okay? Or something in line with your idea?

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 9:22am
qdebbie1's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/10/2005 - 09:00

I would also be willing to give in mine.
I think its a great idea.

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 12:02pm
momma2boys's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2003 - 09:00

Great idea Gail! Here's the only thing I could come up with. I don't know if you've ever seen message boards that have what they call a "sticky", but what it is is a thread that always stays on top of the forum. So if Chris could designate a sticky thread, we could have a library of the submitted 504's always there.
Now to address the problem of credibility because they are just printed from a website...and obviously this would depend upon Chris agreeing. If we could all just mail him a copy, he could post them individually as PDF files. That way when you print it out it would be as the original file with the school letterhead.

Posted on: Sat, 01/28/2006 - 3:15am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by momma2boys:
[b]...and obviously this would depend upon Chris agreeing. If we could all just mail him a copy, he could post them individually as PDF files. That way when you print it out it would be as the original file with the school letterhead.[/b]
I think this is an awesome idea!
Are there any attorneys out there who could help answer any potential issues regarding "intellectual property" ? Who owns these documents and the information on them? Does a SD have any rights here that we'd need to obtain their permission? Anyone?

Posted on: Sat, 01/28/2006 - 11:21am
Beldin's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/28/2006 - 09:00

I think this is a great idea. We are just starting to consider a 504 and this would be tremendously helpful. We are at a school that has never had an allergy 504 so I think showing others "official" 504's would be very helpful.
Possibly scanned documents in PDF format with names blurred for privacy?
------------------
Kim

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 12:28am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

I thought I'd raise this again. If more support this idea I will try to talk with Chris about it. Thoughts?

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 12:55am
chanda4's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2006 - 09:00

I think this would be awesome...I awaiting my 1st 504 meeting, wish this was up and running now. I have printed off what 504's I've found on the site already, I plan to use them for reference anyways. Hope we can get something worked out soon, I'llkeep checking back. If mine is ever accepted, I'd be happy to include it as well. This willbe our schools 1st food allergy 504, so I am a bit nervous going into *unknown* territory!!

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 2:34am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

I uploaded a .pdf version of the "In Memory" page -
[url="http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/"]http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/[/url] in the files section.
Until something can be set up at peanutallergy.com, you are welcome to upload 504s here as well.
I couldn't figure out a way to enable the public to view the files or upload with out joining so you have to "join" (for free). I have disabled the e-mail feature of this Yahoogroup and you can hide your e-mail from the membership list. Or, since I'm not approving membership (anyone can join), you can join, open a file to save to your computer or upload a 504 and then unsubscribe from the list immediately.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Tue, 01/23/2007 - 12:08am
JRsMami's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/08/2005 - 09:00

I guess Chris hasn't chimmed in on this topic yet. I think having a specific "sticky" or even it's own link from the main menu will help so many newcomers and current users. Although 504 plans are well known throughout our discussion board, many FA parents haven't heard of it until they reach this site. We educated our Allergy doctor on the subject- it't not till you find a network that you become informed. It's a heavy subject to research and much time needed to prepare for it.
We were successful in creating a plan but I often question if it was written correctly. It would be great to compare my final forms to what other SD's have presented other parents. Only in the power of numbers can we make a difference and when you are the only FA parent trying in a SD it's difficult to feel like an army.
Chim in Chris, please. Don't you think 504's plans can use their own heading on the site outside the discussion board?

Posted on: Wed, 01/24/2007 - 11:57am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

Just wondering what people's thought were on the foodconcerns Yahoogroup mentioned above. Are their changes you'd like to see to that website to make it better? I'd be happy to upload your files if that's the problem - e-mail it to me - my address is in my profile.
A few folks have joined and are probably looking for 504's - we never had one for my now 18 year old (never heard of it when it would have been most helpful) so I can't upload my own.
I've gotten no comments in this thread (my post seemed to be the thread killer for a while) so let me know if something else is working better or any other suggestions.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 12:43am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

I've held back hoping that Chris might reply. Or for others to express their thoughts because my computer skills are so poor I don't think I'm representative. It would be my personal preference to have plans here on pa dot com only because this is where I come and where I feel familiarity. There is so much discussion on the boards here on 504s, and it makes sense to me to 'house' them here.
But like I said, I'm uncertain that I'm representative.
I'll contact you by e-mail to see if you can help me get my DDs paperwork to you and we can discuss. . . .

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 1:27am
notnutty's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/15/2004 - 09:00

I agree...there needs to be a specific location for these plans and perhaps a "how to get started" brochure. I have a legal background, educated in legal research and contract law, and I thought the 504 process was difficult to navigate...I can only imagine how other people feel where this type of language and/or process is completely foreign to them.
I will help gather and research this material if help is needed to pull it off...I think it would be a great service to all pa.com members to understand this without having to spend countless hours looking for relevant threads.
Donna

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 1:52am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

My other thought is maybe one of you can approach Rhonda
[url="http://www.foodallergyadvocate.com/index.htm"]http://www.foodallergyadvocate.com/index.htm[/url]
and see if she can upload a library of 504's. It would be easier to direct people there where they wouldn't have to register with Yahoo to view shared plans. It would be great to have the library here at pa.com but if that doesn't work Rhonda's site seems logical.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 2:17am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Jana R:
[b]My other thought is maybe one of you can approach Rhonda [/b]
This had crossed my mind too. I'll contact her. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 4:51am
x-contaminated's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/04/2004 - 09:00

JanaR- I just wanted to answer your question about why people joined the yahoo group. I specifically joined to find 504 plans to use an example for my son's school. I appreciate you putting the group together and the "in memory" file is great in the pdf format.

Posted on: Sat, 01/27/2007 - 9:52am
JRsMami's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/08/2005 - 09:00

I emailed Chris and he replied:
Thank you for your suggestions, I also located and read the other posters comments.
I was already working on ways to organize this type of information, will be working on this in the near future. I don't think it will be a "forum" but we could keep separated somewhere etc.
Talk to you soon.
Stay Safe
[email]Chris@PeanutAllergy.Com[/email]
Just wanted to share this with everyone who was waiting to see if we were heard- we were- Yea! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out- I am sure it will be an overwhelming task to consolodate the information already contained in the boards. Good Luck Chris.

Posted on: Sat, 01/27/2007 - 11:47am
chanda4's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2006 - 09:00

Thank you from me too!!! And thanks to Chris for listening to our needs. I am currently working on a 504 and I have printed and saved things ALL over this forum, but it's everywhere and it's a mess! One organized section would be wonderful!!! Thanks [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
------------------
Chanda(mother of 4)
Sidney-8 (beef and chocolate, grasses, molds, weeds, guinea pig & asthma)
Jake-6 (peanut, all tree nuts, eggs, trees, grasses, weeds, molds, cats, dogs, guinea pig & eczema & asthma)
Carson-3 1/2 (milk, soy, egg, beef and pork, cats, dog, guinea pig)
Savannah-1 (milk and egg)

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 12:18am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by notnutty:
[b]I agree...there needs to be a specific location for these plans and perhaps a "how to get started" brochure. I have a legal background, educated in legal research and contract law, and I thought the 504 process was difficult to navigate...I can only imagine how other people feel where this type of language and/or process is completely foreign to them.
I will help gather and research this material if help is needed to pull it off...I think it would be a great service to all pa.com members to understand this without having to spend countless hours looking for relevant threads.
Donna[/b]
Donna,
I'd like to work on your idea with you. I think we could consolidate some information from a few threads, and create a new thread. Nutternomore, Momcat, ryan's mom, Jana R . . . would any of you be interested in working on this as an off-board project?
Any one else? Ohio?

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 2:35am
notnutty's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/15/2004 - 09:00

Could Chris make a new Topic/Section...such as SAMPLE FORMS AND SAMPLE LETTERS? Then we could break that down into a few threads...
Doctor Letters
Sample 504
Sample IHP
Letters to School (request for 504)etc...
Legal rules to follow
THis would be so much easier to follow. Let me know how you want to get started.
Donna

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 3:15am
mistey's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2004 - 09:00

I will soon be approaching my ds for a 504. I wish this was here TODAY!! [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/wink.gif[/img] But I'll be patient [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 4:10am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by notnutty:
[b]Let me know how you want to get started.
Donna
[/b]
Donna, neither of us have our e-mail addresses posted, so how about if you reach me through Jana R, Momcat, or Nutternomore? They all have my e-mail and have my 'permission' to give you my address. Would you do that please Nutternomore, Jana R, and/or Momcat?

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 6:24am
notnutty's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/15/2004 - 09:00

.
[This message has been edited by notnutty (edited January 30, 2007).]

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 11:09am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Got it.

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 12:42pm
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

Thank you for the invitation to participate. I never created a 504 for my son who is now 18 (I'd never heard of it when it would have been useful for us).
But until everything is up and running at pa.com, I'm more than happy to upload them to the Yahoogroup [url="http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/"]http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/[/url] if anyone want to e-mail me their document - . This would really help those who need this info now.
Otherwise I have nothing to offer this project.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Wed, 01/31/2007 - 2:19pm
Lindajo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/14/2003 - 09:00

This would be great info as I have so many questions about putting a 504 together for my DD. I don't even know where to begin. So far, I've contacted her doc to write a letter to the school stating her allergy and the severity of it.

Posted on: Thu, 02/01/2007 - 2:30pm
Nutternomore's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/02/2002 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Lindajo:
[b]This would be great info as I have so many questions about putting a 504 together for my DD. I don't even know where to begin. So far, I've contacted her doc to write a letter to the school stating her allergy and the severity of it.
[/b]
[url="http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/Forum7/HTML/002624.html"]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/Forum7/HTML/002624.html[/url]

Posted on: Fri, 02/02/2007 - 4:03am
CVRTBB's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/23/2001 - 09:00

I would be willing to make a website and post the pdf files for anyone that wants thier's included. I do not have the software to create pdf's myself though.
If you are interested in me doing this let me know here and I'll post my email address.
Valerie
[This message has been edited by CVRTBB (edited February 02, 2007).]

Posted on: Sat, 02/03/2007 - 3:13pm
Sue's picture
Sue
Offline
Joined: 02/13/1999 - 09:00

Great IDEA
Sue in Sunny Arizona

Posted on: Tue, 02/06/2007 - 11:03am
JacksonsMom's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/21/2002 - 09:00

I am in the process of starting a 504 for my son who begins kindergarten in the fall. I would love to see any information you all are willing to share. It's so overwhelming, and I'd love to have something to refer to as a starting point!
Thanks for the idea, and thanks Chris for helping put it together!

Posted on: Mon, 02/12/2007 - 5:21am
chanda4's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2006 - 09:00

raising again....

Posted on: Fri, 03/09/2007 - 1:30am
BBCBMom's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/16/2007 - 09:00

Has anyting become of posting 504 plans or IHP on a web site? I checked Jana's site and no one has posted anyting.

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 8:12am
anonymous's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/28/2009 - 16:42

I would absolutely volunteer Ryan's 504. It actually in circulation in a 100-mile radius of where we live known as "the Ryan plan". Seriously, that's what I heard.
However, his last name and school name have been omitted from that one. I would gladly send in a copy with blocked out first and last names, but possibly keep in the school name.
Is that okay? Or something in line with your idea?

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 9:22am
qdebbie1's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/10/2005 - 09:00

I would also be willing to give in mine.
I think its a great idea.

Posted on: Fri, 01/27/2006 - 12:02pm
momma2boys's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/14/2003 - 09:00

Great idea Gail! Here's the only thing I could come up with. I don't know if you've ever seen message boards that have what they call a "sticky", but what it is is a thread that always stays on top of the forum. So if Chris could designate a sticky thread, we could have a library of the submitted 504's always there.
Now to address the problem of credibility because they are just printed from a website...and obviously this would depend upon Chris agreeing. If we could all just mail him a copy, he could post them individually as PDF files. That way when you print it out it would be as the original file with the school letterhead.

Posted on: Sat, 01/28/2006 - 3:15am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by momma2boys:
[b]...and obviously this would depend upon Chris agreeing. If we could all just mail him a copy, he could post them individually as PDF files. That way when you print it out it would be as the original file with the school letterhead.[/b]
I think this is an awesome idea!
Are there any attorneys out there who could help answer any potential issues regarding "intellectual property" ? Who owns these documents and the information on them? Does a SD have any rights here that we'd need to obtain their permission? Anyone?

Posted on: Sat, 01/28/2006 - 11:21am
Beldin's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/28/2006 - 09:00

I think this is a great idea. We are just starting to consider a 504 and this would be tremendously helpful. We are at a school that has never had an allergy 504 so I think showing others "official" 504's would be very helpful.
Possibly scanned documents in PDF format with names blurred for privacy?
------------------
Kim

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 12:28am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

I thought I'd raise this again. If more support this idea I will try to talk with Chris about it. Thoughts?

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 12:55am
chanda4's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2006 - 09:00

I think this would be awesome...I awaiting my 1st 504 meeting, wish this was up and running now. I have printed off what 504's I've found on the site already, I plan to use them for reference anyways. Hope we can get something worked out soon, I'llkeep checking back. If mine is ever accepted, I'd be happy to include it as well. This willbe our schools 1st food allergy 504, so I am a bit nervous going into *unknown* territory!!

Posted on: Sat, 01/13/2007 - 2:34am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

I uploaded a .pdf version of the "In Memory" page -
[url="http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/"]http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/foodallergyconcerns/[/url] in the files section.
Until something can be set up at peanutallergy.com, you are welcome to upload 504s here as well.
I couldn't figure out a way to enable the public to view the files or upload with out joining so you have to "join" (for free). I have disabled the e-mail feature of this Yahoogroup and you can hide your e-mail from the membership list. Or, since I'm not approving membership (anyone can join), you can join, open a file to save to your computer or upload a 504 and then unsubscribe from the list immediately.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Tue, 01/23/2007 - 12:08am
JRsMami's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/08/2005 - 09:00

I guess Chris hasn't chimmed in on this topic yet. I think having a specific "sticky" or even it's own link from the main menu will help so many newcomers and current users. Although 504 plans are well known throughout our discussion board, many FA parents haven't heard of it until they reach this site. We educated our Allergy doctor on the subject- it't not till you find a network that you become informed. It's a heavy subject to research and much time needed to prepare for it.
We were successful in creating a plan but I often question if it was written correctly. It would be great to compare my final forms to what other SD's have presented other parents. Only in the power of numbers can we make a difference and when you are the only FA parent trying in a SD it's difficult to feel like an army.
Chim in Chris, please. Don't you think 504's plans can use their own heading on the site outside the discussion board?

Posted on: Wed, 01/24/2007 - 11:57am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

Just wondering what people's thought were on the foodconcerns Yahoogroup mentioned above. Are their changes you'd like to see to that website to make it better? I'd be happy to upload your files if that's the problem - e-mail it to me - my address is in my profile.
A few folks have joined and are probably looking for 504's - we never had one for my now 18 year old (never heard of it when it would have been most helpful) so I can't upload my own.
I've gotten no comments in this thread (my post seemed to be the thread killer for a while) so let me know if something else is working better or any other suggestions.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 12:43am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

I've held back hoping that Chris might reply. Or for others to express their thoughts because my computer skills are so poor I don't think I'm representative. It would be my personal preference to have plans here on pa dot com only because this is where I come and where I feel familiarity. There is so much discussion on the boards here on 504s, and it makes sense to me to 'house' them here.
But like I said, I'm uncertain that I'm representative.
I'll contact you by e-mail to see if you can help me get my DDs paperwork to you and we can discuss. . . .

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 1:27am
notnutty's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/15/2004 - 09:00

I agree...there needs to be a specific location for these plans and perhaps a "how to get started" brochure. I have a legal background, educated in legal research and contract law, and I thought the 504 process was difficult to navigate...I can only imagine how other people feel where this type of language and/or process is completely foreign to them.
I will help gather and research this material if help is needed to pull it off...I think it would be a great service to all pa.com members to understand this without having to spend countless hours looking for relevant threads.
Donna

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 1:52am
Jana R's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/09/1999 - 09:00

My other thought is maybe one of you can approach Rhonda
[url="http://www.foodallergyadvocate.com/index.htm"]http://www.foodallergyadvocate.com/index.htm[/url]
and see if she can upload a library of 504's. It would be easier to direct people there where they wouldn't have to register with Yahoo to view shared plans. It would be great to have the library here at pa.com but if that doesn't work Rhonda's site seems logical.
------------------
Jana
[url="http://www.seattlefoodallergy.org"]www.seattlefoodallergy.org[/url]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 2:17am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by Jana R:
[b]My other thought is maybe one of you can approach Rhonda [/b]
This had crossed my mind too. I'll contact her. [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]

Posted on: Thu, 01/25/2007 - 4:51am
x-contaminated's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/04/2004 - 09:00

JanaR- I just wanted to answer your question about why people joined the yahoo group. I specifically joined to find 504 plans to use an example for my son's school. I appreciate you putting the group together and the "in memory" file is great in the pdf format.

Posted on: Sat, 01/27/2007 - 9:52am
JRsMami's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/08/2005 - 09:00

I emailed Chris and he replied:
Thank you for your suggestions, I also located and read the other posters comments.
I was already working on ways to organize this type of information, will be working on this in the near future. I don't think it will be a "forum" but we could keep separated somewhere etc.
Talk to you soon.
Stay Safe
[email]Chris@PeanutAllergy.Com[/email]
Just wanted to share this with everyone who was waiting to see if we were heard- we were- Yea! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out- I am sure it will be an overwhelming task to consolodate the information already contained in the boards. Good Luck Chris.

Posted on: Sat, 01/27/2007 - 11:47am
chanda4's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/14/2006 - 09:00

Thank you from me too!!! And thanks to Chris for listening to our needs. I am currently working on a 504 and I have printed and saved things ALL over this forum, but it's everywhere and it's a mess! One organized section would be wonderful!!! Thanks [img]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/smile.gif[/img]
------------------
Chanda(mother of 4)
Sidney-8 (beef and chocolate, grasses, molds, weeds, guinea pig & asthma)
Jake-6 (peanut, all tree nuts, eggs, trees, grasses, weeds, molds, cats, dogs, guinea pig & eczema & asthma)
Carson-3 1/2 (milk, soy, egg, beef and pork, cats, dog, guinea pig)
Savannah-1 (milk and egg)

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 12:18am
Gail W's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/06/2001 - 09:00

Quote:Originally posted by notnutty:
[b]I agree...there needs to be a specific location for these plans and perhaps a "how to get started" brochure. I have a legal background, educated in legal research and contract law, and I thought the 504 process was difficult to navigate...I can only imagine how other people feel where this type of language and/or process is completely foreign to them.
I will help gather and research this material if help is needed to pull it off...I think it would be a great service to all pa.com members to understand this without having to spend countless hours looking for relevant threads.
Donna[/b]
Donna,
I'd like to work on your idea with you. I think we could consolidate some information from a few threads, and create a new thread. Nutternomore, Momcat, ryan's mom, Jana R . . . would any of you be interested in working on this as an off-board project?
Any one else? Ohio?

Posted on: Mon, 01/29/2007 - 2:35am
notnutty's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/15/2004 - 09:00

Could Chris make a new Topic/Section...such as SAMPLE FORMS AND SAMPLE LETTERS? Then we could break that down into a few threads...
Doctor Letters
Sample 504
Sample IHP
Letters to School (request for 504)etc...
Legal rules to follow
THis would be so much easier to follow. Let me know how you want to get started.
Donna

Pages

More Community Posts

Peanut Free and Nut Free Community

create a new community post
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/14/2019 - 12:56pm
Comments: 0
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/14/2019 - 12:52pm
Comments: 1
Latest Post by Italia38 Tue, 10/08/2019 - 12:19pm
Comments: 3
Latest Post by Italia38 Tue, 10/08/2019 - 12:18pm
Comments: 1
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/07/2019 - 7:19pm
Comments: 2
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/07/2019 - 7:16pm
Comments: 10
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/07/2019 - 7:13pm
Comments: 13
Latest Post by penelope Mon, 10/07/2019 - 7:10pm
Comments: 9
Latest Post by mom2two Mon, 09/16/2019 - 1:03pm
Comments: 18
Latest Post by desmond Mon, 09/16/2019 - 1:00pm
Comments: 1
Latest Post by desmond Mon, 09/16/2019 - 12:58pm
Comments: 19
Latest Post by TeddyCan Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:32pm
Comments: 10
Latest Post by DTurner Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:31pm
Comments: 5
Latest Post by B.M.18 Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:30pm
Comments: 3
Latest Post by abolitionist146 Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:28pm
Comments: 2
Latest Post by nutfreenyc Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:19pm
Comments: 4
Latest Post by AllergicTeen2 Mon, 09/09/2019 - 4:18pm
Comments: 2
Latest Post by PeanutAllergy.com Fri, 09/06/2019 - 1:52pm
Comments: 1

More Articles

You might have wondered if small amounts of an ingredient can be added to a food product without being declared on the food’s label. The FDA...

Is it possible to eat your way to a food allergy cure? Scientists think it’s...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Not all oils are created equal. Some oils are high in saturated fats or in trans-fatty acids – not good for general health. Some are partially...

It may never be safe to begin feeding peanut butter to your baby or toddler if you have peanut allergies in your family. If either parent or one...

More Articles

More Articles

What is a peanut allergy? It is a reaction that occurs in the body after eating peanuts or peanut...

For those with severe food allergies, flying can be a stressful process. Here are...

Approximately one out of 13 children under age 18 are allergic to at least one food, though many of them will outgrow their allergy by the age of...

Fact 1: Over a third of food allergy reactions happen after the first known oral...

The reason why some people are affected by allergies while others are not begins in their genes. Allergies are passed down from generation to...

Here’s a tip that might someday save your life, or that of a loved one: two to four times a year, review the proper way to use your epinephrine...

Lactose intolerance is the inability to process lactose, a sugar found in milk, caused by the lack of a needed enzyme. Those with lactose...

Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA)

An important part of peanut allergy awareness was enacted on January 1, 2006...

Tomato allergies are very rare. They are a "type 1 allergy," which means a contact allergy. When a person with this type of allergy touches a...

Milk allergies are becoming more common, especially in babies and small children. There is some confusion about what is an allergic reaction and...

Recognizing food allergy in babies or toddlers is not always easy, but there are specific risk factors and signs that parents and other caregivers...

Burlap bags are often used to store and ship coffee beans, potatoes, rice, seeds, nuts, and peanuts. They can be one of the disguised...

People with pollen allergies need to stay away from some foods. If you have allergic rhinitis in the spring or fall, you may not realize that you...

Of course, everyone knows that if you have a peanut allergy that you should avoid peanuts, peanut butter, peanut butter cookies and foods that...

Eating at a nut-free lunch table in school is a safety precaution that causes some students to feel isolated from their peers. Unfortunately,...