135 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted on: Sun, 10/15/2006 - 12:16pm
krc's picture
krc

Smudgesgarden: To answer your sisters question- Of course not
We just have to make sure they are safe while they are there. Sometimes depending on who is running the after school activity-this can be an incredibly hard task. I do choose to try and educate and speak to whomever the after school program director is before I make a decision to send or not send dd. I do prefer activities where food is not involved!

Posted on: Mon, 10/16/2006 - 12:50am
smudgesgarden's picture

yeah, i prefer activities where food isnt involed either. i was just wondering what everyone felt about it. id rather girl scouts didnt sell nuts. im not sure what we are going to do when that time comes.

Posted on: Mon, 10/16/2006 - 1:00am
Carefulmom's picture

Yes, they do sell nuts. When our troop sold them, they passed out free samples in front of a store. Of course, dd could not participate in that. One of the leaders asked me to have dd do it and wear gloves, because if dd didn`t do it, "it wasn`t fair to the other girls". Let`s see, what about airborne, should I tell dd not to breathe while she is passing them out? I was told by people on this board that the nut sale is optional and the troop can decide to do it or not, unlike the cookie sale which all troops do. Our troop, of course, chose to do the nut sale, even with a pa child.
Gail W., to answer your question, our school had great accomodations for the pa. We were the ones who were offerred a 504 without even asking....so no correlation with the accomodations in Girl Scouts.

Posted on: Mon, 04/02/2007 - 4:02am
Carefulmom's picture

Re-raising for PA-Mom.

Pages

Forum

Click on one of the categories below to see all forum topics.

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

Halloween can be treacherous for a child with a peanut allergy and a parent who is trying to stay...

What kid doesn't love dressing up in a costume and going door to door on Halloween night, and collecting a bag full of candy? Unfortunately, this...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

For those with peanut allergies, baked goods present a serious risk. Many baked goods do not appear to contain peanuts, yet were baked in a...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...