eating glass

Author:
Updated:
Original:

has anyone ever died from eating glass?

On Nov 11, 2006

no! i know has died from this! me and and friend of my were randomly talking while she was eating a blow pop. he we were wonder why u can eat lollipops and not glass because we have both cut our tongue from biting into a lollipop. we then felt stupid because we were informed that the reason is because lollipops dissolves and glass doesnt . so then we began to ponder if u wraped it in somthing and swallowed it like a pill if you could digest it like a pill. then we wanted to know if anyone had really deied from this. i search on ask.com and google and yahoo and find know info so i decided to post a bullentin and see what yall thought. if u have any legitiment info plz inform me!thank u

On Nov 11, 2006

Quote from site: "MILLS, Dalphia Leona, b. Abt 1914, d. 22 Aug 1917 died at 3 yrs of age (3) (D/O John Green Berry & Ida Elizxabeth [CLEMMONS] Mills, died from eating glass)"

[url="http://www.interment.net/data/us/ok/grady/verden/verden_lr.htm"]http://www.interment.net/data/us/ok/grady/verden/verden_lr.htm[/url]

Don't try this at home. Now go do your homework.

Cathy

On Nov 11, 2006

In answer to your question, [b]"YES, YOU WILL DIE FROM EATING GLASS."[/b] So don't even think about it.

On Nov 11, 2006

well, yes, a big enough peice or a shard of glass can obviously puncture your bowels. But in my personal experience with my daughter...the doc said that the bowels will coat it and therefore she would pass it. I will look up the thread I had going when she did it. Very scary!

On Nov 11, 2006

[url="http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/Forum22/HTML/002184.html"]http://uumor.pair.com/nutalle2/peanutallergy/Forum22/HTML/002184.html[/url]

On Nov 11, 2006

omg, mama2aiden! Your child ate glass? Haven't gone to the link yet but Yes! this does sounds very scary! My little one once swallowed a penny and that scared me enough.

On Nov 12, 2006

Oh, this reminds me...

About 15 years ago I was living in Boston for a couple of years. I went out to lunch with my boss and we decided to have drinks. I got a strawberry daiquiri. For those who don't know it's a drink blended with ice. I kind of liked to crunch on the ice. Well, I'm crunching away and saying to myself, geez that ice is pretty dam* hard. I say to my boss and he laughs at me. But then I look at the glass closely and closer again and it's covered in tiny chunks of glass. Not only that but most of the "ice" isn't ice at all, it's glass. So then the smile went off my boss' face. He calls the waitress over, who calls the boss. He apologizes profusely saying a glass must have fallen into the ice and broke and when they shovelled the ice into the blender it went in too.

I was worried for days that my insides would be all cut up but I was fine. I guess the pieces were small enough to pass without trouble. Though saying that I did have IBS a few years later that lasted for years.

ETA: BTW as you seem to be a new member, I might suggest that this sort of topic might be better placed on the OFF TOPIC board. That is where we post topics not directly related to Peanut Allergy.

Barb

[This message has been edited by barb1123 (edited November 12, 2006).]

On Nov 12, 2006

Barb--so your meal was free, right? What all did they do? That's horrible negligence.

On Nov 12, 2006

I was trying to remember what happened on that account. I think they only got me another drink (unblended) for free. I think I said to my boss (who was paying) that the whole meal should be free but he just shrugged it off. If it happened today I would have made a much bigger stink, that's for sure. I was good friends with my boss so I should have pushed it with him but he just paid the bill.

Barb

Related