Chuck E. Cheese in 2005 (USA)

Posted on: Tue, 02/08/2005 - 6:40am
CatSchmidt's picture

Corporate phone number: 972-258-8507

Joe Elliott is the VP of Research and Development and Vince Corsick is the Project Manager of R&D. I spoke to Vince today who was BEYOND helpful with the dietary questions I had.

First he directed me to the Nutrition Info page on the website - it's not easy to find. Go to the homepage and click on locations and menu. Once there, look at the left side of the screen and click on the pink/yellow/green starburst that says "Nutrition Info". This page is Vince's "baby" as he called it. He just finished it and it's effective as of January 2005. There are a couple of FAQ's answered on the bottom that was what he wanted to show me regarding P/TN allergies.

He also sent me an e-mail with the ingredients of the pizza...here it is:

Hello Cathy,

It was a pleasure talking with you today!

Listed below are the ingredient declarations for our pizza Crust mix, as
well as the Pizza sauce and Cheese.

Pizza Crust Mix
Ingredients: Enriched bleached wheat flour (Wheat flour, malted barley
flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic
acid), Soybean oil, sugar, salt, yeast, soy protein concentrate.

Pizza Sauce
Ingredients: Tomato puree (water, tomato paste), sugar salt, spices,
citric acid, garlic powder, and onion powder.

Pizza Cheese
Ingredients: Low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese (pasteurized part
skim milk, cultures, salt, enzymes), cheddar cheese (pasteurized milk,
cultures, salt, enzymes), provolone cheese (pasteurized milk, cultures,
salt, enzymes), powdered cellulose (added to prevent caking), sodium
citrate, flavors, annatto, sodium propionate (added as a preservative).

Hope this is helpful. Thank you for your kind words,

Vince Corsick, Project Manager, R & D

He gave his boss Joe Elliott the credit for making the decision to become nut free years back(see the FAQ's on the nutrition page for the exceptions not in their control) and explained that the companies that DO make stuff for them along with other nut products are contractually bound to go through the cleaning process on their equipment when they get to the CEC line. He is VERY confident the binding contract and it's implications are not lost on the vendors they use.

This will be the first time I am bringing my daughter to a restaurant (she's 2) to eat the food and I THINK, I might be OK with it! Course I'll have my mini arsenal ready you understand!

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

You already know that if you or your child has a peanut allergy you need to avoid peanut butter. Some...

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...