Anaphylaxis Allergy Action Bill HB2442

Posted on: Wed, 03/15/2006 - 6:44am
Laura Duke's picture

Hello Everybody:

The Anaphylaxis Allergy Action bill HB2442 flew through the Full Education committee today. It is on Calendar & Rules tomorrow. When it gets out of there, I believe it will be ready to go to the House Floor! I am so excited! I just wanted you all to know how much Brentson and I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and your support through this ordeal.

Please see a copy of the bill.
Edited to add the link: [url="http://www.legislature.state.tn.us"]www.legislature.state.tn.us[/url]

"Bill Summary for *HB2442 / SB2883

This bill would require the department of education to develop guidelines for the management of students with life-threatening food allergies no later than January 1, 2007. These guidelines would include, but not be limited to:

(1) Education and training of school personnel on proper medication procedures and care for students with such allergies;
(2) Procedures for responding to allergic reactions;
(3) Development of individualized health care and action plans for every student with such an allergy; and
(4) Protocols to prevent allergen exposure.

Based on these guidelines, this bill would require each LEA to implement, by July 1, 2007, a management plan for students suffering from such allergies."

Take Care,
Laura & Brentson Duke
[email]7051996@bellsouth.net[/email]

[This message has been edited by Laura Duke (edited March 15, 2006).]

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...