2007 Safe Jelly Beans?

Posted on: Sun, 03/04/2007 - 11:54am
KBMOM's picture

I'm trying to put together a list of safe jelly beans that are peanut/tree nut free. Below is what I have found to be safe:

Life Savers Jelly Beans
Teene Beanee Jelly Beans by Just Born
Gimbal's Gourmet Jelly Beans
Jolly Ranchers Jelly Beans

In seems as though all of the Brach's Jelly Beans and Starburst Jelly Beans are NOT safe, even if they do not indicate as such on the label. So to be safe, I'm avoiding these.

Has anyone else uncovered any new information to the contrary? Thanks!

Posted on: Sun, 03/04/2007 - 12:51pm
ceross's picture

I haven't seen any packages this year but Just Born jelly beans are also usually safe.

Posted on: Sun, 03/04/2007 - 1:27pm
gw_mom3's picture

I buy gimbals now but I know I used to buy another safe brand. Maybe smuckers?
------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

Posted on: Mon, 03/05/2007 - 12:07am
bethc's picture

Is there a reason you think Starburst jelly beans are not safe, if they don't have a warning label? We've used these other years. Have you contacted the company?
Some of the Brach's ones don't have warning labels this year. I e-mailed Brach's about their products that don't have peanut warnings on them now, and they said they have 2 peanut-free plants, one in Mexico and one in the U.S. They have no peanut products in the factory. However, we are not comfortable feeding our DD foods made in Mexico.

Posted on: Mon, 03/05/2007 - 1:09am
Corvallis Mom's picture

Yes, I would like to know the reason why Starburst aren't considered safe. My bag says "Masterfoods" on the back, which means that they are made by (or [i]for[/i]) the same parent company that makes skittles and starburst candies.
If you have specific information, please share. This is one of the few things MFA DD thought would be safe, as she is PA/TNA/EA/MA.

Posted on: Mon, 03/05/2007 - 1:23am
xoxstacey's picture

In Canada Dare Jelly beans are safe PA/TNA

Posted on: Mon, 03/05/2007 - 2:14am
KBMOM's picture

Before posting this topic, I researched all the posts on this website and others posted that Brach's Jelly Beans and Starbursts Jelly Beans were basically questionable.
I contacted Masterfoods (the makers of Starbursts and Skittles) at (800) 551-0683 and was able to hear an automated response of peanut/tree free candies. The response system said all Starbursts products are peanut/tree nut free.
And thank you bethc for clearing up the Brach's Jelly Beans question.
So here's the new updated 2007 Safe Jelly Beans List:
Life Savers Jelly Beans
Teene Beanee Jelly Beans by Just Born
Gimbal's Gourmet Jelly Beans
Jolly Ranchers Jelly Beans
Dare Jelly Beans (Sold in Canada)
Starbursts Jelly Beans
Brach's Jelly Beans (read label first, not all are safe)
Thanks to everyone for posting your comments!

Posted on: Mon, 03/05/2007 - 5:13am
pitterpat's picture

There is also a brand called Blueberry Hill. They make fairly traditional candy such as jelly beans, gumdrops, and candy corn. My understanding from their cs/website is they have no nuts in any of their products and all are safe.
We greatly enjoyed our FIRST candy corn, gumdrops and now we got the jelly beans.
They are really cheap, but not too easy to find. We always get them at Dollar General, but I don't know how widespread this chain is.
Patty

Posted on: Thu, 03/08/2007 - 7:19am
Happymommy's picture

I ordered them from Divvies. I know they are safe--- they were pricey though.

Posted on: Mon, 03/26/2007 - 11:43pm
bethc's picture

Re-raising

Posted on: Tue, 03/27/2007 - 4:14am
Momcat's picture

Amanda's Own confections has gourmet jelly beans now!
[url="http://www.amandasown.com"]www.amandasown.com[/url]
Cathy

Pages

Peanut Free Store

More Articles

There are many reasons why you may want to substitute almond flour for wheat flour in recipes. Of course, if you have a...

Are you looking for peanut-free candies as a special treat for a child with...

Do you have a child with peanut allergies and an upcoming birthday? Perhaps you'd like to bake a...

Most nut butters provide all the same benefits: an easy sandwich spread, a great dip for veggies, a fun addition to a smoothie. But not...

Do you have a sweet tooth and more specifically a chocolate craving? Those with peanut allergies must...