Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
Replace the store bought candy with this healthier alternative!
This Recipe Is:
2 hours 10 minutes
- 2 medium organic bananas
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick rounds. Place them on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and freeze the bananas for at least 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or in small increments using the microwave.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer. Using forks or a toothpick, dip each banana in the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drizzle off and place the chocolate covered banana onto the parchment paper.
- The coconut oil will allow the chocolate to set immediately onto the bananas. Serve immediately or place the chocolate covered bananas back into the freezer and enjoy when ready.
Source: Tasty Yummies
Photo credit: noura on Flickr
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions