Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Sweet Corn Salad
This sweet corn salad is packed with delicious ingredients: corn, tomatoes, beans, and avocado. It is the perfect side dish for a seafood dinner or contribution to a potluck meal.
This Recipe Is
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow or white corn (4 ears)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is shiny, add the corn in an even layer and let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes, until browned. Stir to combine, add garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, tomato, red onion, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, and the remaining 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add the corn and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well mixed. Add the avocado and toss gently, taking care not to mush the avocado.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, over a salad of green, with chips, or in a burrito!