Mummy Hot Dogs
A fun way to enjoy hot dogs for kids!
This Recipe Is:
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered
- 10 large hot dogs
- Cooking spray
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- If you are using the crescent rolls, unroll the dough into rectangles. Use two of the triangles together and press the perforations to seal the dough. If you are using the dough sheet, unroll the dough and cut it into four rectangles.
- Using a knife or kitchen scissors, cut 10 pieces of the rectangle lengthwise, making 40 pieces of dough.
- Stick 1 quarter of cheese lengthwise to the hot dog and wrap 4 pieces of dough to each hot dog to look like bandages of a mummy. About 1/2 inch away from one end of the hot dog, separate the bandages to draw a face on the hot dog later.
- On a large, ungreased baking sheet, place the hot dogs cheese-side down. Lightly spray some cooking spray onto the dough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the dough is light golden brown.
- Draw eyes on each mummy hot dog with ketchup and/or mustard.
Photo credit: jamieanne on Flickr
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions