Cinnamon French Toast
A delicious recipe for a warm and rich French toast perfect for breakfast!
This Recipe Is:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 6 slices (1-inch thick) bread, preferably a day old
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together and set it aside.
- Place the bread in a shallow baking dish thats large enough to hold the bread in a single layer. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and let it soak for 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and let it soak for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. Fry half the bread slices in the skillet for 2-3 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Transfer the toast to the wire rack and place it in the oven while cooking the remaining bread.
- Wipe the skillet and with the remaining butter and vegetable oil, and fry the bread. Keep the bread warm in the oven until it is ready to serve. You can decide to serve the toast with syrup.
Source: Martha Stewart
Photo credit: Alpha on Flickr
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions