Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Apple Gouda Quesadillas
These quesadillas have the same cheesy flavor that your kids love, but they incorporate the sweetness and crunch of a tart apple. You could dip these in caramel for a sugary dessert or you could serve them plain for lunch.
This Recipe Is
- 8 tortillas
- 2 cups smoked gouda cheese (or Cheddar if you would prefer)
- 2 apples
- fresh thyme
- pinch of salt
- Thinly slice the apple. Grate the cheese. Pull the thyme leaves off the stem.
- On a plate, place a tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, then lay the apple slices on top. Top with another 1/4 cup cheese, the thyme leaves, and a pinch kosher salt. Repeat for each set of tortillas.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Place the loaded tortilla on the griddle and place another tortilla on top. Cook until browned on the bottom, then flip and cook until browned on the other side (a few minutes per side). Cook each quesadilla the same way.
- Keep warm in a 300 degree F oven while you make the other quesadillas. Cut with a pizza cutter and serve hot!