A sweet and tangy dessert perfect for the spring!
This Recipe Is:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 lemons
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Collect the juice and zest from the lemons.
- Combine and beat the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl until it thickens.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest. Pour the mixture into a double boiler and let it simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens. Let it stand until it cools down.
- In another chilled mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold in the lemon mixture and let it chill for 2 hours.
- In another chilled mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the mixture into the lemon mixture and chill until serving.
Photo credit: Franklin Heijnen on Flickr
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions