Chocolate Dirt Pudding
A fun activity and a delicious dessert with homemade pudding to try with the kids!
This Recipe Is:
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup (2 ounces) cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 9 ounces Oreos
- Gummy worms, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, wish 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt together. Place the mixture in a large saucepan and whisk in the milk until everything is well combined. Heat it over medium heat until it is scalding, stirring occasionally.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Then whisk the egg mixture into the milk mixture. Heat the mixture until it comes to a boil and remove it from the heat.
- Whisk in chocolate, butter, and vanilla until it is smooth. Transfer the pudding to a large bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it chill until it sets for about 4 hours.
- While the pudding chills, process the Oreos in a food processor until it is finely ground. Reserve 3/4 cup crumbs and set it aside for later.
- When the pudding is ready, spoon 1/3 cup pudding into each glass. Divide the unreserved Oreo crumbs among each glass. Add more pudding and top each glass with the reserved crumbs. Garnish using gummy worms.
Source: Serious Eats
Photo credit: Matt DeTurck on Flickr
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions