Spiced Carrot Fries
Finally, a veggie dish that your child will gobble right up! Disguise carrots in the form of fries and watch them vanish.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set out a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet, making sure no carrots overlap. Bake for 20-22 minutes, tossing with tongs halfway through, until lightly browned. Serve with a black bean burger or grilled chicken burger for a healthier rendition on the old American classic: burgers and fries.
Source: "Allergy-Friendly Food for Families" Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012.
PeanutAllergy.com does not guarantee the safety of these recipes. Please read all labels carefully when preparing food and consult a medical professional if you have any doubts or questions
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.