Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Spiced Carrot Fries
Finally, a veggie dish that your child will gobble right up! Disguise carrots in the form of fries and watch them vanish.
This Recipe Is
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Set out a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to the baking sheet, making sure no carrots overlap. Bake for 20-22 minutes, tossing with tongs halfway through, until lightly browned. Serve with a black bean burger or grilled chicken burger for a healthier rendition on the old American classic: burgers and fries.
Source: "Allergy-Friendly Food for Families" Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2012.