Dr. Oz talks food allergies
Dr. Oz has penned an article about food allergies in his syndicated column on health.
The article, Drs. Oz and Roizen: What you can do about food allergies, was co-authored by Dr. Mike Roizen, chief medical officer at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute and Sharecare.com.
The doctors discuss five ways that people can prevent and deal with food allergies:
- Keep up with the latest information about allergy-causing foods.
- Avoid setting off "allergy genes" by avoiding the suspected common causes of allergic reactions.
- Take children who have food reactions to an allergist.
- Get two EpiPens for each child – one for the child (or a helping adult) to use and one for the ER.
- Talk to a pediatrician about introducing allergenic foods intelligently.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.