Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
How to make a nut free lunch
Whether you have a child with a peanut allergy or you are sensitive to packing a nut-free lunch out of concern for other people’s children, it is a lot simpler than you might think to keep your child’s lunches nut-free.
Here are some simple ideas — simple enough that your kids could pack their own lunches!
The protein centerpiece
- - Try a combination of cheese sticks, string cheese or cheese slices with crackers.
- - A bagel sandwich using a combo of cream cheese and meat or jelly is always yummy.
- - Cottage cheese with veggies or fruit slices makes for a healthy alternative.
- - Cucumber slices with cream cheese.
- - Try rolls of turkey or chicken slices, maybe wrapped around a veggie stick.
- - Quesadillas or a tortilla roll with cream cheese or refried beans will keep most kids happy.
- - Try hard-boiled eggs.
- - Don’t forget sunflower butter or soy butter as a healthy substitute for peanut butter.
Sides or snacks
- - Veggie sticks or fruit slices
- - Popcorn
- - Tortilla chips
- - Sunflower seeds
- - Pickles
- - Dried fruit
- - Granola bars (read the ingredients)
Dips for veggie sticks
- - Ranch
- - Salsa
- - Hummus
- - Guacamole
- - Bean dip
- - Yogurt dips, sweet or savory
Desserts or sweets
- - Apple slices with caramel
- - Raisins with or without yogurt covering
- - Muffins
- - Dry cereal
Keep in mind that kids aren’t big fans of bread. Feel free to use thin slices or to hollow out breads like bagels or French rolls. Smaller pieces or slices are eaten more than large slices. It might take a little more time with prep, but kids will eat more carrots if they are bite-sized. Apple slices are eaten more than whole apples. And, of course, dips dips dips!! Every kid loves a good dip.