Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Commercial tahini is often made with peanut oil, but it's quick and easy to make at home. Serve with veggies, crackers or pita bread.
This Recipe Is
- 5 cups sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- Tahini is a simple paste made from crushed sesame seeds. It is versatile and high in calcium with 2 tablespoons offering 130mg of calcium
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Toast sesame seeds on a baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes
- Frequently turn the seeds with a spatula and do not allow to brown
- They should be golden
- Cool for 20 minutes
- Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add oil
- Blend for 2 minutes
- Process until it is very smooth
- The goal is a thick, yet pourable texture
- Add more oil and blend until desired consistency
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.