Would you believe --Apple peel
Last night we spent about an hour in the ER with our 5 year old daughter who had a bad allergic reaction after eating an apple with it's peel.
As she was eating it, I noticed that she was coughing and I took the apple away and started a nebulizer treatment (for asthma) and as she was getting progressively worse I paused it while I gave her some Benadryl.
That did not seem to work and the nurse help line said it sounded like her airway might be becomming blocked. My husband drove us to the ER, where she was doing better than any one had expected. Her breathing rate was slow, but her lungs were clear. After the doctor saw us, and called our family ped. we were sent home. After a sleepless night for me, up every two hours with another med to give, our daughter seems to be doing much better.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.