Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
The Best Yellow Birthday Cake (egg-free/peanut-free) IMHO
WESTPORTER posted the recipe (and I've made some small changes)--I found it when I did a search---IT WORKED!!!! YUMMY!
After many months of trying & failing with baking yellow cakes, I finally found one that is great and super easy. I have tried all of the FAAN cakes, including the hints of adding extra applesauce and dry pudding mix, but they still came out too crumbly.
1 box Betty Crocker Supreme Moist Yellow cake
1 box (3.4oz) Instant Pudding Mix Vanilla Flavor (without the pudding mix, the cake will be too crumbly)
1.5 cups ginger ale (can be room temp or cold)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease either round pans or 13 x 9 pan. I use Crisco and flour to grease the pans. Character pans worked!
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. With a handheld mixer, beat for 3 minutes until creamy.
3. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely before serving.
This is very strange---I just looked at my above post and said I had a DS allergic to eggs, peanuts, and severely allergic to milk. Just to clarify: I have a DD who is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and eggs (no milk allergy, so this recipe is not milk-free---sorry if it confused anyone).
[This message has been edited by NicoleinNH (edited March 18, 2007).]
[This message has been edited by NicoleinNH (edited April 15, 2007).]
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.