Research at John Hopkins
I got a fund raising letter from John Hopkins and it included information on some current and planned studies they are partcipating in. If you don't go to John Hopkins you still might like to know what research they have planned. I am new to the board and don't know how to upload this information to the board so I will just type a line about each of the studies.
1. The Inner-City Asthma Consortium taking place at 10 centers, seeking to unravel the causes of and develope new treatments for asthma for inner-city children.
2. The Consortium for Food Allergy research, 5 centers, charged with the task of exploring the rise of food allergy and developing THE CURE.
3. Oral ummunotherapy for the milk at John Hopkins, seeking to develop a cure for persistent milk allergy, and the second phase starts in 2007.
4. The natural history of childhood food allergies (which is scheduled to run 10 - 20 years or until there is a cure) to study why some children outgrow food allergies and some do not.
5. Food allergy in adolesents and adults to study why this is the highest risk (has the most deaths) group what treatment approach is the most effective.
6. Treatment of food allergy with anti-IgE antibody therapy to study another potential treatment for food allergies.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.