Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Question about reaction
Last Saturday night I participated in a fund raiser for abused kids that included dinner. I called the restaurant in advance and the person I spoke to checked with the chef and assured me that everything was pn-free. She sounded knowledgeable about FA.
I played it safe anyway - ate cheese and grapes, no crackers...but for the main course the fish that seemed the safest was all gone so I had some sort of stuffed pasta with a white pasta sauce. Didn't have any of the yummy-looking dessert either. *sigh*
About half an hour after dinner my eyes were itching REALLY badly and I had a runny nose. I was in a convention room - no plants, no cigarette smoke, etc. Couldn't figure out what was causing it. I was moderately miserable, so I took a benedryl. The next morning my eyes were swollen.
I assumed it was something environmental....but I just read a post by someone who was worried about crackers at her play group. She mentioned that her child often gets itchy eyes and runny nose at the playgroup.
Do any of you (your kids) have this type of reaction in response to exposure to peanuts? I've always had only GI symptoms.
[This message has been edited by Adele (edited February 08, 2006).]