peanut and nut free sunflower seeds

13 replies [Last post]
By jasonsmom on Mon, 01-08-07, 16:49

Hi there:
I am looking to purchase peanut and nut free sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Does anyone know where I can get these?
Thanks for your help?

Groups: None
By Mom2Ian on Thu, 03-15-07, 02:40

I was looking for peanut butter substitutes and saw nut & peanut free Sunflower seeds on the Sunbutter site. There's a link on the main page.

Groups: None
By gw_mom3 on Thu, 03-15-07, 06:19

I've been waiting for sunbutter.com to get sunflower seeds back in stock (they were backordered) but the website seems to be gone. I get a page that says 'page under construction' and it looks like the type of page that comes up when there's only a parked domain and no actual site. I wonder what happened and how I can get some sunbutter sunflower seeds. I guess I'll have to check back every day until they're back online.

------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

__________________

==============
~Gale~

Groups: None
By charlottesmom on Thu, 03-15-07, 13:33

In Canada the Spitz brand has safe sunflower and pumkin seeds which I buy at walmart.
Hope thie helps.

Groups: None
By on Thu, 03-15-07, 14:03

Regarding the Spitz.....the regular (salted) and the flavoured (pizza and something else) are all safe.

However, the 2for are NOT safe. They are processed in a separate facility.

********

They can be purchased at some variety stores, and I've seen them at Dominion.

Groups: None
By DRobbins on Thu, 03-15-07, 22:33

Quote:Originally posted by gw_mom3:
[b]I've been waiting for sunbutter.com to get sunflower seeds back in stock (they were backordered) but the website seems to be gone. I get a page that says 'page under construction' and it looks like the type of page that comes up when there's only a parked domain and no actual site.
[/b]

I just called them (got the phone number by doing a Google search and then selecting the cached version of the SunButter.com page) and they are aware of the problems with the website, but say it's just a technical problem and that they're still in business and the website will be fixed soon.

I hope that's accurate info -- I'd be sad if I couldn't get my crunchy SunButter anymore.

--Debbie

Groups: None
By gw_mom3 on Fri, 03-16-07, 07:44

I emailed them today. I had their email addy from when I asked them when the r&s kernels would be back in stock. At first she didn't seem to realize there was a problem-she gave me the link in an email and said to try it from that link. I told her it still wasn't working and then she said that they were working on it. I can't wait to get more sunflower seeds. DD didn't really eat them but DH and I were getting addicted. lol. Finally an addiction that's not so bad for us.

------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

__________________

==============
~Gale~

Groups: None
By doreen on Sun, 03-18-07, 05:26

Enjoy Life foods has some chocolate and cinnamon pumpkin seeds and they have a NOT NUTS trail mix which I like.

Also, as a side note, I like I'm Healthy Soybutter. I found Sunbutter for purchase at the glutenfreemall.com, it was $7.99 so I passed. Is that so much better than the soy or is that it's easier for you to get? I get the soy butter for between $4 and $6, but I would be interested in finding just plain sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I just seem to need those type of products lately.

Groups: None
By gw_mom3 on Sun, 03-18-07, 06:51

Quote:Originally posted by doreen:
[b]
Also, as a side note, I like I'm Healthy Soybutter. I found Sunbutter for purchase at the glutenfreemall.com, it was $7.99 so I passed. Is that so much better than the soy or is that it's easier for you to get? I get the soy butter for between $4 and $6, but I would be interested in finding just plain sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I just seem to need those type of products lately.[/b]
That is really high. I pay about $4.70 or so for soy butter but when we went to Meijer, they had Sunbutter for $2.50 on sale. I'm pretty sure it was less than $5 regularly. I'm sure that one you saw online is so high because it's a specialty shop. I'm sure it's probably cheaper ordering direct from sunbutter.com also, but their site was still down the last time I checked.

------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

__________________

==============
~Gale~

Groups: None
By gw_mom3 on Sun, 03-18-07, 18:42

sunbutter.com is back up. I just ordered 4 boxes of sunflower seeds.

------------------
==============
[b]~Gale~[/b]

__________________

==============
~Gale~

Groups: None
By doreen on Wed, 03-28-07, 03:26

I just wanted to correct for anyone gluten-free that Sunbutter has no gluten but is contaminated, so it couldn't have been on the gluten-free site. I have no idea where I saw, but looks like we won't be getting it anyway. Take care.

Groups: None
By jasonsmom on Wed, 03-28-07, 13:23

Thanks so much for your update. I think I will be ordering some also.

Quote:Originally posted by gw_mom3:
[b]sunbutter.com is back up. I just ordered 4 boxes of sunflower seeds.

[/b]

Groups: None
By jasonsmom on Wed, 03-28-07, 13:25

Thanks for your info.

Quote:Originally posted by Mom2Ian:
[b]I was looking for peanut butter substitutes and saw nut & peanut free Sunflower seeds on the Sunbutter site. There's a link on the main page.[/b]

Groups: None
By jasonsmom on Wed, 03-28-07, 13:27

Thanks for the info. Its nice to know there is something available in Canada. I guess I haven't seen these before but next time I am at WalMart I will check it out.

Quote:Originally posted by charlottesmom:
[b]In Canada the Spitz brand has safe sunflower and pumkin seeds which I buy at walmart.
Hope thie helps.[/b]

Groups: None

Peanut Free and Nut Free Directory

Peanut-Free/Nut-Free Directory

Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.

Close x

Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.

Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.

Email

PeanutAllergy.com Social

 

Poll

Where do you get your peanut allergy information?
The internet
33%
My allergist
33%
Friends or family
33%
Other
0%
Total votes: 3