Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Peanut allergy and reactions getting worse
I have read that reactions to peanuts can get worse. First of all....don't think I am a bad mom for what I am about to tell you! : )
My son has never had a reaction to peanuts because he has never been exposed, he has, however had reactions to milk and eggs, which he is also allergic to. On Halloween, I ate a peanut butter cup (which I haven't eaten in a long, long time!) and gave my son a kiss on his neck and on his cheek about 5 minutes after eating it. A few minutes later, he got hives on both areas that I kissed him. (Only about 4 hives total).
This is the part that I feel really guilty about and I'm going to get a lot of slack about.....I told my husband what happened the next day and he didn't believe me, so I ate another peanut butter cup and kissed my son on the cheek. Sure enough, he got two hives right where I kissed him.
Here's my question...will his reactions most likely get worse with each exposure, or is it very different for each person? I will NEVER eat peanut butter again around my son, so he won't be exposed that way, but I'm still curious if his reactions will get worse. Thanks for the input!
Subscribe today and receive a handy one-page guide to peanut-free snacks!