Never Allergic Before
I just found this forum today as I was searching for a solution to my problem. 3 days ago, I ate some fudge with walnuts in it. I have had fudge this way all my life. However, the next morning my upper lip was swollen. I thought I was getting a fever blister so didn't worry much about it. That evening I had more of the fudge and the next morning when I woke up, my upper and lower lips were both swollen. I have tried to do a process of elimination as to what I have eaten that could have caused it. The only thing different I have had was the fudge with nuts, and some peanut butter cookies I had made the same day as I made the fudge. After reading this forum, it appears that I may have had a 'nut' reaction. I am 55 years old, and never in my life have I been allergic to anything. Has anyone out there had this problem besides me - never being allergic until later in life? Thanks for listening.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.