New to the peanut allergy world
Hi! My name is Jessica, and we recently found out that my 2 year old daughter, Darcy, has a peanut allergy! She took a bite of her cousin's peanut butter sandwich and reacted immediately, ended up in an ambulance to the hospital, it was the scariest experience of my life. After an allergy test confirming that she is PA only, I have an epipen for her. I hope I never have to use it! But I'm nervous about taking her to restaurants and stuff. Are the management and waitstaff generally understanding of people with food allergies? Most places I've gone to and asked about peanut oil or what have you, the employee had no idea. So if anyone could tell me about a general dining out experience with a PA toddler, that would be great!