My son is going to be 3 in April. When he was one and a
My son is going to be 3 in April. When he was one and a half, we found out he was allergic to peanuts. At his last allergy appt, they did the newer allergy test to measure the specific IgE components to see which ones he was sensitive to, to help quantify how intense his allergy was. We found out the results yesterday, he responded to two of the five components. The H1 was .49 and H2 was 3.61. I understand that these two area the ones that are significant for more serious reactions. I thought I had come to terms with his allergy over the last year and a half, but I have to be honest, this new blood test has freaked me out and has me terrified again. Does this mean he would for sure be anaphylactic if he reacted? or does this say corresponding to the fact that he would be sensitive to a smaller amount?
I guess I am just looking for more information. I am scared to death by this new result. He has not had a reaction since we found out he was allergic, but this new test just has me scared to feed him anything again. I probably sound silly, but, I thought you guys would be able to offer some experience or other advice on your blood test results from this test etc.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.