desperate for information on low blood test results?
My 6-year-old has eaten nuts of all types for years. Never had a rash or anything. She was recently eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when she started to complain of her throat hurting and itching. I gave her some benadryl and took her to doctors next day. They did blood work. A week later we got the results - she receieved a 0.37 for peanuts and 7.32 for hazelnuts. She has maybe had a hazelnut before here and there but nothing that I can think of besides once when I got nutella. The peanut butter she was eating was Jif creamy.
So, where do we go from here? Avoid all nuts now? Her level for peanuts seem so low that I wonder if she isn't actually allergic? We do have an appointment with an allergist nut not for a couple more weeks.