Homemade Ice Cream (Easy)
I got this from a child play/support group
Easy Ice Cream
Here's what you will need to make it:
1 cup whole milk
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
about 2 pounds of ice
1 cup coarse salt
1 quart-sized baggie that seals
1 gallon-sized baggie that seals
bowls and spoons for serving ice cream
Here's what you have to do:
1. Check with a grown-up before you start this.
2. In a bowl, mix 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup half and half, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup sugar.
3. Pour the mixture into a quart-sized baggie.
4. Squeeze out the excess air and seal the baggie with duct tape so it doesn't leak.
5. Put the quart-sized baggie into the gallon-sized baggie and fill it in with ice, water, and about 1 cup coarse salt. Adding salt to the ice helps make the ice cream get colder, faster.
6. Squeeze the air out of the big baggie and seal it closed with duct tape so that the baggie won't leak.
7. Now, gently toss the baggie up and down for about 10 minutes. You can take turns with a friend. You should use a towel so that your hands don't freeze.
8. Cut a corner off of the quart-sized baggie and squeeze the ice cream out into a bowl.
9. Bon Appetit!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.