Have you had a reaction even though you\'re SUPER careful?
After living with PA for 18 months, I'm feeling pretty good about my comfort zone. I know what I can and can't eat - and I don't really take risks.
There's a current thread about a Turkish chocolate with undeclared peanut protein. I read it and thought, 'there's no way on God's green earth I would eat that chocolate anyway! I only eat stuff I KNOW is safe'. I would never eat imported chocolate - the only chcolate I eat is Hershey's.
When I've read of adults dying from PA, I notice it's generally from eating things that I consider risky and wouldn't eat.
I'm guessing if I have a major reaction it will either be from a restaurant or mislabeled food - but I don't see how else it could happen.
How about you? Have you had a reaction (s) in SPITE of being super careful? Am I getting too cocky thinking I WON'T have a reaction because I'm too careful?
[This message has been edited by Adele (edited August 08, 2006).]
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.