Have questions about my daughters PA (new to all this!)
I just found out today that my daughter has
an allergy to peanuts. She's also allergic
to milk and beef. I have several questions
as this is all so new to me!
First, I keep reading about people mentioning "severe" or "life threatening"
reactions. How do you know if a reaction is life threatening, other than if the child/person stops breathing? Also, is there a number on the allergy testing that could alert me to how severe her allergy is? My daughter is a 6/6 on milk, and 5/5 on beef and peanuts. Is this severe or can I not tell from this?
And how do I know if I need to have an epipen for her? The doctor didn't suggest it. So far her reactions to milk has been the hives when the milk touches her skin, but then for the last 6-8 months she's had diarrhea, cramping, gets sick often, etc.
Can anyone help me with some of this? Thanks so much!