Smelling peanuts causes mild to severe reaction..anyone else with this sensitivity ?.
Hello...new to the site...felt the need to reach out because my allergy to peanuts seems to get worse as i age. Im a 48 year old female with a severe allergy to peanuts...i have learned over the years how not to ingest them ( sudden and immediate -all symptom reaction) - however, im now finding that im just as sensitive to smelling peanuts/ peanut products. My co-workers have been kind to stay away when they have snacked on something with peanuts..and although i would still smell the peanuts..i would get a very mild tingle, lips and tongue- but now, my symtoms kick in before i smell them and just being in the same room is becoming unbearable...( i have to notify my HR dept of the issue as well as the need to now keep an epipen available and im sure they wil shut down the "peanut gallery" )my co-workers know of my allergy..and i never made a huge deal..but now its dangerous..and its not just work...was at a party and someone unveiled chinese chicken salad and i hadda leave...just wanted to know if others have this type of sensitivity and/or if anyone notices their allergy becoming more intense as they age. I have always itched when smelling peanuts but now i not only itch, i get alot of the other major symtoms.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.