Help anaphylasis from smelling peanuts
I have been allergic to nuts for awhile. In last few months I now have become allergic to the smell of peanuts. I believe I am going into the beginning of anaphylatic shock.
I get this rushing feeling in my body and then feel very weak and shaky. I have had this before from eating them and then it goes into feeling like I am going to pass out and I have loose stools.
My problem is that I am a home health physical therapist and I go into people's homes. Everyone's got peanuts and peanut butter. I have to ask everyone to put everything away. So, far it has worked but for how long.
I need help. I need more education about how to deal with this problem. Please any suggestions?
Some of the questions I have is there a mask I can wear? So far benadryl has worked but when do I go to the shot? On all the skin allergy tests I have been negative to nuts. How is that possible with such bad reactions? Thank you everyone.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.