Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Questions on peanut allergy test results
My son tested positive for peanut allergy 2.5 years ago via a blood test. He had rashes on his face, swelling around his eyes and mouth; and he kept scratching his tongue, after eating one bite of peanut butter. The test results was 8.49 then. We haven't given him peanut since. He had no reaction to other nuts and has been eating other nuts regularly. I thought that could reduce his peanut allergy level since these nuts "may have been processed on facilities that also process peanuts". He is going to kindergarten this fall. I got him tested again over a week ago using the same blood test. I was shocked when informed that the number has jumped to 31.6. I cannot make sense out of the test results. Could anyone explain why the numbers has gone up with possibly continued exposure? What would it take to trigger a sever reaction at this level? I am very worried. The number seems so high. We haven't taken it that seriously other than avoiding peanut in the ingredient. Thank you.
Subscribe today and receive a handy one-page guide to peanut-free snacks!