I just had the most amazing experience with Disneyland! I called the Disney Dining number to find out safe place to eat or not eat in the park for my PA child. The lady gave me 2 Chefs numbers and told me to call them so I left messages on both Voice mails and waited for a assistant to call. I got a call from one but it wasn't the chef but the assistant and he told me to go to city hall when I got to the park and they have a list of dietary problems through the park. Not good enough for me but I wasn't expecting a Chef to call anyway. So I went out and the other Chef left a message knowing he won't call back I was kicking myself but to my surprise HE CALLED BACK IN 1 HOUR! His name was Chef Chris and he was amazing he stayed on the phone with me for over 1/2 hour telling all the info I needed. I couldn't believe my ears that he was so wonderful and cared enough to call back himself and stay on the phone so long. He is the head Chef at Disneyland Park... CRAZY! I will never complain again about the $65 admission b/c this is the service we pay for! He told me he would never put a list at city hall reguarding peanuts only dairy or kosher. He said it is too sever to just have a list.....great answer! Here is the info he told me:
1. The Churros are safe he actually went to the plant and it is a facility within a facility. The Churro facility is a dedicated line. But the other facility within does make a cookie with tree nuts.
2.They do have Peanut Butter sandwichs within the park but they come from a outside source so the workers never touch it or does the counters. It is wrap taken from the ref. to a kids box and out to the customer. Tables should of course always be wipped off by us.
3. He told me on place not to go and the is Cafe O'rleans they make a deep fried PB&J Monte Crisco so the oil is contaminated. The oil through the whole park is CANOLA OIL!
4. He said every place to eat has a Head Chef, Lead or Manager and you should ask for one everytime and they will tell you what to eat at the establishment. He said always ask for the Chef then lead then manager. I did this and the Chef came out and was wonderful!
5. He also said if you do have a reaction within the park get a worker any worker and say we have a life threating emergency call 911. He said 911 will be there in 20 minutes if you called the number but since the worker can say exactly where you are (between point A and B) they can get to you much faster plus a emergency worker in the park can assist they have epipens.
6. He did said of course not to eat at the Ice Cream place or candy shops but we are use to that :).
I just can't say enough about this man and how wonderful he was it made my time at the Happiest Place on Earth just that!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.