My son was diagnosed with a peanut allergy at 15 months. His bloodwork indicated 10.5 which placed him at a level 3. He just went back at 2.5 year old check up..repeat bloodwork indicated his numbers were down to 1.5 which placed at level 2. His allergist said he is too young for "the challenge". Why is that and what is the challenge? I know I should have asked, however he had an emergency with another patient. He said to continue to avoid peanuts and products containing peanuts and return in one year! Does this mean he is outgrowing allergy? Thanks for taking time to read! Thanks in advance for reponses!
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.