I tested positive for Peanut Allergy but I haven't noticed

I tested positive for Peanut Allergy but I haven't noticed any symptoms!! What should I do? Should I totally stop eating nuts or continue to eat them with caution? I heard the allergy could get worse with continued exposure! Advice??

By Chantel Donnan on Wed, 04-24-13, 00:12

It is possible you got a false positive, but risking it is never a good idea. I would suggest getting a 2nd opinion (preferably from an allergist over a GP), getting tested again to be totally sure. In the meantime, DON'T EAT NUTS. It's just so much smarter to avoid them until you're totally sure what your situation is.

Groups: None

Peanut Free and Nut Free Directory

Peanut-Free/Nut-Free Directory

Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.

Close x

Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.

Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.

Email

PeanutAllergy.com Social

 

Poll

Where do you get your peanut allergy information?
The internet
25%
My allergist
50%
Friends or family
25%
Other
0%
Total votes: 4