Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Milk & Soy Allergy Alert: Semifreddi's Almond Biscotti
Semifreddi's Inc. of Alameda, CA is recalling all packaged Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti because the food allergens milk and soy were not declared on the product labels. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk or soy run the risk of serious allergic reaction, including anaphylaxis, if they consume the products.
Semifreddi's Inc. immediately segregated its entire Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti inventory and is notifying consumers and customers who have milk and soy allergies or sensitivity not to consume its Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with these products. For consumers that are not allergic to milk or soy, there is no safety issue with these products.
The following sizes and packaging are affected by this recall:
- .5 oz. unit size, case of 100 units (UPC: 758843915936)
- 1.0 oz. unit size, box of 4 units (UPC: 758843915738)
- 1.0 oz. unit size, box of 12 units (UPC: 758843915950)
- 1.0 oz. unit size, case of 50 units (UPC: 758843915752)
Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti
- .65 oz. unit size, case of 100 units (UPC: 758843915943)
- .89 oz. unit size, tub of 22 units (UPC: 758843916001)
- 1.3 oz. unit size, box of 4 units (UPC: 758843915745)
- 1.3 oz. unit size, box of 12 units (UPC: 758843915967)
- 1.3 oz. unit size, case of 50 units (UPC: 758843915905)
Any of these products with an Enjoy By date of 091614 or later are properly labeled and not included in this recall.
Semifreddi's Inc. wants to ensure its products are safe. Consequently, in addition to its ongoing cooperation with the California Department of Public Health, Semifreddi's Inc. is voluntarily recalling all Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti from all of its customers. Consumers in possession of Almond Biscotti and Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti should not eat this product and should return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Semifreddi's Inc. will be sending recall notices to all of its direct customers. Please call Tom Frainier at 510-596-9930 for further information.
Subscribe today and receive a handy one-page guide to peanut-free snacks!