Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Milk & Soy Allergy Alert: Safeway Angel Food Cake
Safeway is voluntarily recalling six (6) Angel Food Cake products because they contain the undeclared allergens soy and milk. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy or milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The following recalled products with the indicated Sell By Dates are found in the Bakery department only:
- Angel Food Cake (UPC# 2113010510; Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013)
- Holiday Decorated Angel Food Cake (Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013)
- Angel Food Cups 4 Count (Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013)
- Cake Angel Food Loaf (Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013)
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped (Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/1/2013)
- Angel Food Cake Fruit Topped (Sell-by dates: 9/1/13 to 10/2/2013)
The Sell By Date can be located on the product label or the white scale label.
No illnesses or injuries have been reported.
The recalled Angel Food Cake products were sold in all Safeway, Carrs, Dominick’s, Genuardi’s, Pak ‘N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb and Vons stores throughout the United States.
Customers are asked to discard the product or return it to their local store for a full refund. Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-877-SAFEWAY.
Subscribe today and receive a handy one-page guide to peanut-free snacks!