Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
This has probably been asked, so I apologize in advance. My wife and I just found out that our 3 yr old son is highly allergic to peanuts ( > 100). We knew he was allergic to peanuts at just over 1 yr, but when he was tested then, it was diagnosed as mild. We fly quite a bit and use southwest regularly and he has never had any issue on a flight. Since his exposure and seeing he is now highly allergic he is, we are taking more precautions. Unfortunately, we have a flight coming up on SW and we are doing all the steps we can (first flight out), but our flight home is the latest (I can switch it for an earlier flight also and I am in the process of doing so). My concern is I do not know if his highly allergic status means peanut dust is a concern or not. His last exposure was a chocolate chip cookie that was also made with peanut butter. He ate the whole cookie before we found out and that triggered the reaction. Does anyone know if there is any kind of test that can determine if peanut dust can trigger a reaction to him?
Subscribe today and receive a handy one-page guide to peanut-free snacks!