I have a peanut allergy and a nut allergy, both super severe (anaphylactic shock). I was out at the bar with some friends once and someone ordered me an amaretto sour. It was delicious and I probably drank at least ten that night. When I told my mom about the great new drink I had found she told me not to be drinking amaretto because it is almond liquor. I had no idea amaretto was made from almonds and I'm wondering why I didn't have a reaction and if anyone else has had an experience like this? I'm assuming the alcohol does something to change something, but I find it incredibly odd and interesting that with an allergy as severe as mine, I could get away with drinking something made from almonds!