Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
So I thought I would post here and hopefully I'll get some answers.
I've been allergy free my whole life. That's 20 years. But for the past about, 4 years I've been experiencing discomfort in my mouth after meals. Some meals more than others. I get red bumps on my tongue and sometimes, my gums swell and start to hurt. The bumps hurt as well and sometimes they don't go away for up to 2-3 days.
I don't get hives on my body or an upset stomach or anything like that.
I've been allergy tested for EVERYTHING but latley I've been eating healthier and I've been making peanut butter protein shakes and I found that the discomfort in my mouth has been getting worse since I started drinking them.
Is this a normal symptom for someone with a peanut allergy? Could I have a tiny allergic reaction from it without it coming up positive on an allergy test?
I've been living with this for 4 years and It's so uncomfortable! I just want to know what's causing this so I can stop eating it!
Any information would be helpful!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.