Fairly new to this allergy
I am 43 and have eaten tons of peanuts in all shapes and forms all my life. That all changed for me in March of this year. I had a reaction to a handful of M&M's with peanuts. I didn't believe it so the next day I had a whopping spoon of peanutbutter. I ended up fighting the allergy and going to see my allergy specialist who confirmed I was allergic to all nuts. I suffer almost on a daily basis through some form of ingestion be it skin, inhalent, or ingestion. Some family members think its in my head, but I have waited long periods of time before taking drastic measures to stop the progessing reaction, sometimes to the point of damaging my bronchi. (I no longer believe its in my head). Now my other allergies pollen and perfumes also go to my throat. My allergist said I won't be as hypersensitive after I have been reaction free for awhile. I can't seem to get there. I am allergic to soap shampoos and conditioners as well as cleaning agents and dishsoaps and laundry detergents.
It has affected my husband and my children as they watch me suffer and can't do anything. I have been to the emergency room almost on a weekly basis. I am getting depressed and fear going anywhere. It has been a change of life for us and not an easy one at that.
I have read threads on here and I have gotten some good info. Unless you suffer from this yourself and experienced the reactions people don't understand and they don't realize how dangerous it is. I fought for my life several times because of ignorance and I won't take those chances any more.
I should be able to lead a normal life with just being aware of my surroundings and other people, but I can't seem to get there. Thanks for listening. Homebound and getting cabin fever.
Related Community Posts
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with the latest news, lifestyle tips and recipes.