Our directory is intended as a resource for people with peanut and nut allergies. It contains foods, helpful products, and much more.
- What is a Peanut Allergy
- Foods to Avoid
- The Allergic Reaction
- Recognizing and Treating Anaphylaxis
- Epinephrine Auto-Injectors
- Medical ID Bracelets
- Support Groups
Peanut Free and Nut Free
Other Food Allergies
Houston FARE Walk for Food Allergy Event THIS Weekend
The Houston FARE Walk for Food Allergy isn’t until September 7th, but we are gearing up to raise awareness during Food Allergy Awareness Week starting THIS weekend!
Many thanks to Mike Lade, Volunteer Chair of the FARE Walk for Food Allergy in Houston for the below update on Houston happenings! Please take a minute to scroll through and see how you can help! You can even support or walk with The Food Allergy Mom Team!
On THIS Saturday, May 18th, your Houston FARE Volunteer Committee is holding special outreach events to help promote awareness. Please stop by and see us at one of the below locations where we will be handing out save-the-date postcards for the walk, talking about our 2013 FARE Houston Kid Poster Contest, and handing out coupons and samples (while they last) from Enjoy Life Foods:
- Pearland – Kroger Signature Store (11003 Shadow Creek Pkwy at McHard., Pearland, TX 77584 – Phone: 281- 669-1230) – Join us from 9am to 1pm
- The Woodlands – Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (19433 Interstate 45 South, Shenandoah, TX 77385 – Phone: 281-465-9896)– Join us from 12pm-2pm
- Tomball – Red Robin Gourmet Burgers(22455 Highway 249, Houston, TX 77070 – Phone: 281-251-7033) – Join us from 11am to 1pm.
If you can’t make it, but want to pick up a stack of Save-The-Date postcards, please contact Mike Lade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Now For the Houston FARE Walk For Food Allergy!
Commemorate Food Allergy Awareness Week by doing one of the most supportive things you can do for the cause – registering now for the 2013 Walk. Registration is open. Register today.
Act Now to Recruit Your School to Form a Walk Team:
With school winding down, now is the perfect time to recruit a school team before letting out for the summer. Here are some tips!
- Take a stack of Save-The-Date postcards to your school nurse. As school ends and the nurse is returning Epinephrine to parents, ask the nurse to hand parents a postcard about the walk.
- Even better…. Work with your nurse to set up a walk team for your school and encourage food allergy families from your school to register on the team.
Bullying and Food Allergy – New PSA and Resources:
- Watch the new FARE Public Service Announcement about food allergy any bullying at: http://www.foodallergy.org/its-not-a-joke
- If you want to find some cool images to share on social media, check out: http://www.foodallergy.org/its-not-a-joke/share
Important Challenge – 4 Things to Do Now:
I attended the FARE Leaders’ Summit recently. One of the speakers had a slide that offered the following:
It could be that you have nothing to offer.
Or it could be that you are the exact right key for a specific lock of change which will remain tightly shut without your part.
Which is it?”
We are all busy. That is a given. But what is more important than keeping our kids safe and finding a cure? Support FARE’s mission – to ensure the safety and inclusion of individuals with food allergies while relentlessly seeking a cure.
What can you do to help? What will you do to help? Start with four things:
- Register for the Walk today – go to www.foodallergywalk.org/houston
- While you register to Walk, make the 1st contribution to your team.
- Send an email to your friends and family and simply ask them to join your team and donate to your team.
- Last, if you are not a FARE Member, JOIN TODAY. We need a larger common voice. Join us at https://www.foodallergy.org/membership.
If you are hungry to do more – to be the exact right key that is need – simply reply to this email and we can help find volunteer opportunities that fit with your interests!
All my best on behalf of the Houston Volunteer Committee, Mike
Mike Lade, Volunteer Chair
FARE Walk for Food Allergy in Houston
Filed under: Uncategorized
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a free peanut-free snack guide.
Stay on top of your allergy with recipes, lifestyle tips and more.